Morton Mentor Program
Be a Morton Mentor & Shape the Workforce of Tomorrow
The Morton Mentor Program matches Morton CUSD 709 High School students with business leaders willing to share professional knowledge, skills, contacts, and resources. Through these matches, Mentors share their experience, guidance, and encouragement for students to develop their career pathway.
Who can participate:
Working professionals, company leaders, and/or trusted retirees with access to company facilities and a willingness to share from their experiences.
The goal of the Morton Mentorship program is to establish a mentoring relationship where the student gains an understanding of a career or area of professional interest and is provided with the steps needed to follow the career path or explore the area of professional interest.
Morton Mentor Time Commitment:
Fall of 2018:
- August 13: Written applications, including two references are due. Background checks will be facilitated by the Morton Chamber.
- Participate in a 45 minute orientation meeting. Multiple Sessions will be offered.
- Attend Mentor and Mentee Kick-off Meeting on Monday, October 1, 2018 from 6:00 - 7:30 pm at Bertha Frank Performing Arts Center at the Morton High School. Dr. Andrew Kerr, Associate Vice President of Workforce Development from ICC will be speaking.
2018/2019 School Year: Meet with Mentee 5 times over the course of the school year. The goal is to meet once a month, most months of the school year.
Spring 2019: Attend a Closing Reception on Monday, April 29, 2019 from 6:00 - 7:30 pm at Bertha Frank.
- If you are a first-time participant, please apply online using the link below:
- If you are a repeat applicant, simply indicate your interest by writing Lenora Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also, to help inform your decision to participate, please find the attached list of student interest areas for consideration. This list will be circulated for selecting a student mentee after the August 13 submission deadline.
Questions? call Lenora Fisher or Leigh Ann Brown at 309-263-2491 or write email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the Morton Mentor program and look forward to the growth opportunities for our Morton CUSD 709 High School students. Your time is of true value to bridging the connectivity between school and the business/professional world that builds their pathway to a career!